Saturday, October 13, 2007

Salmonella?

So I thought I'd share this funny story...

On Friday night I decided that I didn't want to eat Raviolli like I made for Eric so I decided to eat a pot pie...you know those little tiny ones you use to eat when you were a kid?! So I ate it and it was delicious. Later that evening I was over at my friend Megan's house and the news was on. I never watch the news, too depressing. Anyway, on the local news there was a segment on a recall of Banquet brand pot pies because some of them are linked to a SALMONELLA outbreak. Not sure if this was the brand that i had just eaten I went home and looked in my freezer because I knew I had one left...nope gone! My little bro is staying with us and he ate it! So in the garbage lie 2 empty boxes of Banquet chicken pot pies! I can already feel myself getting sick! So I get online and look up to see if there is a batch number or something to tell me if the ones we ate could be infected. YEP...P9 was the code and it was on both our boxes...

So the countdown begins!

Salmonella usually becomes present in the body within 72 hours. I am now currently at 39 hours and symptom free!

5 comments:

kimberlee shaffer said...

okay so freaky!! I really hope you do not get sick!! Keep us updated.

Jason and Amy said...

that is kinds of hilarious and sad too. Hopefully if you start puking its just morning sickness or something and not salmonella! :)

Eric and Megan said...

Hee hee...I love it. Only your luck my sweet friend. But I'm sure you're in the clear. If you do start puking I'll take care of you. I'm sure you'll always see the letter P and the number 9 in a whole new light!!

Natalie said...

I AM SALMONELLA FREE :)

colin and brooke thompson said...

Hi Eric and Natalie! I saw your blog through my cousins Errin and Brandon Jones, who is related to Brady.... funny huh...your page is adorable! We just moved back to Sacramento!!! Are you coming out for one of the holidays? If so, we should get together. Oh, by the way... your house is adorable. It's fun to see the two of you. I doubt Eric gets on here much, but give him a squeeze from me! Thanks... hope to see you out in Cali -Brooke and family