Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nine Months

Maddix turned nine months old this week.
It is crazy to think that he has been out of my tummy longer than he was in it! I can't believe how old he is...
Maddix had his 9 month check up and he is doing great.
18 pounds 15 ounces (25%- just a skinny mini!)
28.5 inches (50%-dr was a little bewildered with this one, he thought for sure he would be off the charts!)
48.2 cm (97%-of course, we all knew that would be the case!)
Maddix milestones this month:
Starting to army crawl. He really wants to be mobile and gets so frustrated when he can't get somewhere.
Waving. He loves to wave! We think it is so adorable!
Sleeping so much better! Still wakes up a couple times a night but so much better than he was a couple weeks ago.
This month has been a crazy one. Eric has been traveling a ton but we are so glad that we have been able to see him as much as we have. Maddix loves his daddy and just gets so excited whenever Eric is around.
We were able to go up to Idaho Falls for a week and spend time with our cousins. We had a great time.
Kendahl the spider and Payton the Monkey! They did so good at their recital!
Taking baths with his cousins...

Learning to use his walker, he thinks he is such a big boy!
First bloody nose :(
This happened just today, he was such a big boy and barely even cried. So sad!
Maddix Loves:
His Binky. Must have it at all times.
Bath time. We are still taking baths in the kitchen sink and he loves it. Loves to splash and play with his cup.
Eating. He loves his baby food, snacks, and especially strawberries, yogurt melts, and little baby cheese puffs.
To pull on anything that is connected to Mom. Hair, face, mouth, eyes, shirt, necklace, earrings...ANYTHING!
To be outside. I know I have said this before but he loves it! Walks, sitting on the lawn, going to get the mail, watering flowers...it can really change his mood immediately.
Mom and Dad. He is definitely becoming an even bigger mommas boy than he already was. (I secretly love it :)
His silky, not so much during the day anymore unless he's really upset and always when he goes to sleep.
To laugh. I love that I can still get him to laugh at the simplest things. He thinks I'm hilarious :)
Maddix Hates:
Not being able to crawl or walk. He gets so frustrated and usually ends up just crying.
Having his face cleaned or wearing a bib...these too kind of go hand in hand.
When I leave him alone for too long.
Not being rocked to sleep.
Getting dressed and having his diaper changed, he's hated this since birth.
We love you Maddix!

16 comments:

Allison said...

He is growing so fast! I'm glad he is kind of a mommas boy! Makes you feel good so be needed and loved :)

Staci shWilliams said...

I can't believe Maddix is that old! And Dylan is looking so much older too! That's so fun that he has two cousins so close! He's going to be walking for sure by the time we get back :) And that bloody nose pic is so sad!! But so cute cause he's smiling through it!

Alli Blue said...

Even with the blood his is still the cutest little Utah boy I know! Glad to hear he is sleeping better! Love ya!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Yea...I love hearing the updates on him. So Cali also dislikes having her face cleaned, wearing a bib, and not being able to crawl or walk. Although I will say she reached a milestone today by scooting forward a few inches. I was SO excited!! And what does Maddix look like when he tries to wave? Cali holds one arm up like she's saluting something. Either she is in the beginning stages of waving or doing something really strange!!

Karen said...

Maddix is so photogenic. I love how looks right at the camera and gives the perfect look and smile. Adorable. Pretty soon he's not going to be a baby and he'll turn into a crazy climbing, kicking, and throwing toddler. He's just too cute. I'm glad you get to go see family. Cousins are the best.

Leah said...

Oh he is so cute! I LOVE the pic of him and Dhylan in the sink! Their faces are so adorable. Watch out, those cousins are gonna stir up some trouble I think!

The Campbell Clan said...

Isn't 9 months so great?! I LOVE this age! Your little Maddix is a cutie. I love his smile in the top picture. What a handsome family!

Josh and Jillian said...

He is such a cutie pie! I just want to eat those cheeks! I love how you put his likes and dislikes in your posts. I feel like I get to know him as he grows up.

Jason & Nicole said...

Wow he is growing so quick!! His bloody nose was so sad- but he still looked so adorable and happy!! I'm glad you are doing so well!

Mark and Lachelle said...

I cannot believe that little guy is already 9 months!!! That's crazy! He just gets cuter and cuter! I just wanna squeeze those little cheeks of his! So cute!

Brady and Lauren said...

Seriously...9 months? He is so big....and so cute. He has the cutest smile.

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

Walker and kelty want maddix to come play with them on the beach...i think he will love the sand!!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Wow i can't believe they are getting so so big! Time flies and he is just getting more darling with age...

Emily Empey said...

he is such a handsome boy!! He is sooo cute!

Chelsea said...

He is looking so much more grown up! I love it when they learn new things...esecially to wave, Bens waves to everyone now! What a fun little walker he has. I dread diaper changes too...this age they do NOT sit still! Thanks for keeping me posted!! When are you two coming to Chicago?

Orange Juice said...

Nat,

He is so sweet. I cannot believe that he is 9 months!! Time flies! We would love to get together with you around the 4th of July. We will be here, but we will be going to Lake Powell on the 6th. I'll email you my cell and we are living at my parents and their number is the same...if you can even remember from way back when!! Take care!