Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby Girl

Obviously we still have not decided on a name

This past week has been a crazy one!

Maddix got the flu this last weekend and I figured it was only a matter of time before I got it too! Well Monday night it hit! I was up all night, throwing up every 15-20 minutes. Being this far along pregnant and throwing up was definitely the worst! My huge ol’ belly barely let me get close enough to the toilet!

Anyway, the throwing up caused my stomach to obviously contract, which led to some heavy bleeding.

I went into the Dr the next morning just to make sure everything was fine, I was still bleeding but not as much as during the night. They checked the baby’s heartbeat, it was good. Checked me, I was dilated to a 2 ½ and my cervix is very “ripe and ready.” The midwife still wanted to make sure everything was ok so she had me do an ultrasound. I LOVE that I have been able to have so many ultrasounds this pregnancy (considering the circumstances J) Baby girl looked great, was moving great and was measuring almost on track, a little small. They estimated that she weighs about 6 lbs 11 oz.

This is a picture of her lips, nose and cheeks. Looks like she is going to have some big cheeks like Maddix!

They sent me home and told me that this little girl is ready to come and as soon as I start to have some more consistent contractions that my body is ready!

Later that night I received a call from the Dr’s office informing me that the Dr who reviewed my ultrasound wanted me to go into the hospital for further testing. They were concerned that I may have a placental abruption. This scared me to death! I went into Timpanogos hospital and they put me on the Fetal heart monitors. I stayed there for about 3 ½ hours, they ran some blood tests and determined that everything was fine. They want me to go into the office every week and do a Non Stress Test just to watch the baby and make sure everything continues to progress normally.

I am SO ready for this little girl to get here and to not be worrying everyday. She is moving like crazy everyday and I am finally nesting!

I’ll be 37 weeks tomorrow so anytime she wants to come I will be ready to go to the hospital!

Thanks to everyone who helped and has offered to help! Means more than you know!

I’ll keep you posted with any news!

Weight guesses:

Eric 6 lbs 10 oz

Nat 6 lbs 14 oz

13 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I am SO glad everything was ok. Being sick while pregnant is the worst!! I hope you are feeling better. Can't wait to see pics of your little lady when she comes. :)

Anna Beal said...

Yay for little girls! I'm so excited for you. I hope she'll come soon :)

Alli Blue said...

That is scary Nat~ Sorry! Better safe than sorry! I hope she comes safely! You look great! I cannot wait to hear her name! Love you tons! You are such a great example of a wonderful wife and mother! xoxoxoxo

Jennifer and Brad said...

That phone call would have terrified me. Thankfully everything is alright and that you are far along that if they needed to induce/c section she'd be fine. Get better.

Jones Family said...

No Fun! Scary too! I got the stomach flu at 37 weeks when pregnant with Kingston but I didnt bleed like you. Glad to hear everything is okay. Sounds like you are ready to go! I went into laor with Kenna at 36 weeks and had her at 37 weeks. Good luck! Very exciting.

Mark and Lachelle said...

Phew!! I'm so glad to hear everything is ok with baby girl! Just take it easy from here on out. She will be here soon! Crazy!
I am always way off on the weight guesses...but I'm gonna say an even 7 lbs!

Chelsea said...

I am guessing 7 lbs 2 oz. After my ultrasound at 38 weeks my Dr. told me Bens was going to be a six pounder and he was 8!! Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures and hear what you decide on a name!!

Leah said...

That is so crazy. I'm sorry about the flu. I couldn't imagine how awful that would be at 9 months pregnant. I also can't believe you are ready any day!! I'm so jealous you get to go early. So excited to see this baby girl soon!! Good luck!

Josh and Jillian said...

Oh I'm so sorry! I am glad baby girl is doing ok. Please keep me posted!!

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

i can't believe you are sooo close. i am so excited for ya. I'm so sorry you are having all these complications...that is so stressful! We were sad to miss Maddix's B-day party, it looked so fun.

Orange Juice said...

Wow. What a mess to have to go through being pregnant. Pregnancy should just be blissful, I think! Good luck waiting for your sweet one to come! I am so excited for you!! Id love you see you sometime too! We should do lunch or something if you feel up to it!

Orange Juice said...

Next week sounds great to me! What about Wed.? email me at missnov3mb3r@gmail.com and give me your number !

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

May I use some of the information from your post right above if I give a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
Jules