Friday, January 16, 2009

4 months!

14 lbs. 8 oz. (50%)
25 1/2 inches (75%)
Head: 43 cm (75%)

Last week Maddix turned 4 months old!

We had our 4 month check up and this meant more shots. I had to schedule to appointment around Eric's work schedule because I couldn't go alone...silly I know! Maddix did pretty well with his shots, he cried a lot more this time than the last time. I can only imagine what it will be like when he actually knows what's coming.

Maddix has had a crazy 4th month of life, he has been to Hawaii, California and Mexico! He was such a great traveler and did very well on the 10 different planes he has been on.
He is growing up way too fast!


Maddix Loves:
Holding his own head up!
Standing...rarely does he like to sit anymore.
Blowing bubbles and tons of slobbering
Bath time
He loves his bumbo and his play mat
He has started to spit (well not really spit but make noises like a boat...bad description!)
Starting to roll onto his side
When we fake laugh, he will start to laugh so hard
To be tickled
Looking in the mirror at himself and us
To Talk, Talk, Talk...he is making the funniest noises
Laying in bed with us in the morning and telling us about his dreams
The camera, whenever we try to catch him laughing on tape he stops and just stares at it
His silky! He has to have it when he falls asleep. Even when he isn't sleeping he will get so excited whenever it is close to his face


Maddix Hates:

When we don't pay attention to him, he doesn't like to be left alone
Getting dressed, he hates it when anything goes over his head
Still doesn't love tummy time, he is getting a little better but still cries every time
Water! We have tried to give it to him a couple times and he spits it right back out

4 comments:

Camile said...

I know what you mean about the shots. When Carly was a newborn she had jaundice pretty bad and they had to prick her EVERY day and draw blood - I almost cried as much as her!!! And this year I got my flu shot a couple of days before the girls and, boy did it hurt! I had a lot more sympathy for them than I usually do. Ellie tried to be so brave and told me she wouldn't cry when she got her shot - I just told her it was okay if she cried.

It's amazing that Maddix has been to so many places in so little time - I haven't been to more than four different states in the past 5 years (WY, ID, UT, MT)...Pathetic! But I'm planning to someday go to Europe to make up for it (sometime before I'm 50)! ha ha!

Last of all, Maddix is so dang cute! I LOVE the picture of him on this post! So, do people tell you that he looks more like you or your husband - I change my mind with each post! I'm really curious to know what other people think.

Allison said...

I have to take Landon with me to the doctor too! I can't even be in the room when they give the shots it just makes me sad. Maddix is so cute! He is quite the traveler!

Leah said...

Wow 4 months already. Don't they just keep getting more fun everyday?! He really is such a cute little stinker. I am so glad you are enjoying mommyhood.

Michele said...

i made john come to all of bostons appts til his 6th month when he couldn't and i just got tough, but it sucked. they sound so similiar... i miss those days of little babyhood... he is way too cute and such a world traveler!