Monday, February 9, 2009

5 months


Maddix is now 5 months and it seems like each day he is learning something new.
We had a busy month again, a trip to Cancun, Idaho and lots of amazing milestones!
-Rolling over
-Eating cereal
-Sleeping in his own room


He rolls over only when he feels like it, he still doesn't like to be on his tummy so that means he doesn't roll over very much!
The first couple times he ate cereal he hated it. Now he loves it. He dives for the spoon before I can even get cereal back on it.
He has started sleeping in his own room! He has done pretty well, he still wakes up a couple times a night. But usually all I have to do is put his binky back in and then he goes back to sleep. We've had a couple nights where he is up more than he is asleep, those are fun!
We love Maddix so much and are so excited to see all the new things he is learning. We don't want him to get any bigger but we are loving each stage so much!

Maddix Loves:

Being held, this is almost an all day thing. I guess that is my fault, I didn't put him down at all when he was newborn!
His silky, best thing ever!
He loves his toy that Staci gave him at my shower, it has this ball that he will suck on forever!
Loves to play with mommy and daddy
Loves to try and get out of his swaddle. He always has his little hands creeping up out of the top when I go and check on him.
Loves to laugh and be tickled.
His cereal


Maddix Hates:
Being on his tummy
Getting out of the bath and then having to get dressed
We got him a jumperoo and he is terrified of these little ducks on it, whenever he sees them he loses it!
Sleeping in past 7:15! I know it's not that early, I would just love to get a little extra sleep!
Staying in one place too long, we are constantly on the move!


Playing with his cousins in Idaho


His first experience with cereal


Now he loves it!


His favorite part is when he is done eating I let him play with the spoon!

Playing with his toy!

25 comments:

lvohs@hotmail.com & dvohs4@gmail.com said...

He looks so grown up! Stop it Maddix!

Jason and Amy said...

Maddix sleeps in his own room, NO WAY! So glad you are putting that darling bedding to good use. How are you doing without your boy all night though? :) Cant believe how big Maddix is getting, it makes me sad almost....

Alli Blue said...

He is such a cute little boy! I love the "I love this cereal" picture! He is sooo happy! Lucky little guy! I love his monthly post! Hope you guys are doing well! Looks like it!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love his happy cereal face!

Mel said...

so cute! he has such a fun personality. i can't wait until he can run around with his cousins! :)

Allison said...

Chloe is also picky about when she will roll over, little stinker! I too love the happy cereal picture! SO CUTE!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

So Cali loves her silky too! I can't put her to bed without it. I'm trying to start her on cereal, but she is not having it. Do you mix it with anything to make it taste a little better?? Oh and when I have given her some she gets completely constipated. It's the worst. Did that ever happen to Maddix?

Jennifer and Brad said...

I think I'll win the bet. Usually at around 6 months he gives in.
Maddox's pictures cracked me up especially the I HATE rice cereal and I LOVE rice cereal... so precious

Eric and Megan said...

He is growing up so fast! Can't wait for the summer when we can put his bumbo in the little swimming pool and play outside all day with the kids. And please, lets go to St. George! I'm ready anytime!

Jason & Nicole said...

Hey Natalie- He is so cute!! It was so fun hanging out with you guys at the cabin!

Camile said...

Dang cute pictures!!! I had the same problem with Carly - needing to be held all the time because I hardly put her down as a newborn! They are just so irresistable! Carly absolutely hated tummy time too and as a result didn't learn to crawl until she was 11 1/2 months old (but she's smart and healthy, so no big deal)! That's so funny that he's scared of the ducks on his jumparoo - don't you wonder what's going through his head?

Leah said...

He is getting so big, I love it! I was laughing at the cereal pictures... so cute! It's ok that you never put him down, that's what's fun about first babies... you can totally spoil them! Wait for the next one... you won't have enough hands to do that with them! Haha, cute post.

Scott and Chelsey said...

So sad he is not a baby anymore!!! He is so darling and what a happy boy!

The Woff Pack said...

He is so cute. Enjoy all the little stuff while you can. It just doesn't last. :(

Brady and Lauren said...

He seriously needs to stop growing up so fast. He is just so cute and good boy eating his cereal.

Karen said...

He has so many cute facial expressions. I can't believe he is already 5 months old. What a cutie you have!!

Jeremy & Audrie Williams said...

I love the pic where he now likes the cereal! It is so funny! Well hopefully sometime we can do lunch!!!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Nat! I can't believe how big
(and adoreable) he is. Time sure flies...I can't even imagine Noah at 5 months old! You definitely have a heartbreaker on your hands. :)

Brooke Campbell said...

Wow, 5 months has flow by...he is so big and so stinkin cute! What a little sweetheart. We need to get together next time you come this way!

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

i can't believe he's five months. he is so cute...i love the picture where he is trying cereal for the first time.

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

i can't believe he's five months. he is so cute...i love the picture where he is trying cereal for the first time.

Anonymous said...

I seriously can't believe he is already 5 months! Crazy! And I'm agreeing with everyone else, and saying I love the picture of him eating his cereal! So cute!

Orange Juice said...

Nat, He is soooo cute. We have got to get together. Do you want to come to a valentine's party tonight? The party is in pleasant grove and you can and should bring your little guy.
if you get this in time email me at missnov3mb3r@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

He is growing soooo fast. YOu are such a good mom! Can't wait till we can all do play group.

Shawna said...

I love those pictures of him eating..babies are halarious-they make the best faces. It's a good thing as we get older we get a little better at hiding it if we don't like something we eat...especially for our husbands.