Saturday, March 14, 2009

Six Months

(Sorry long post...this is more for me than anyone else!)

Height: 26 3/4 in. 50 %
Head: 46 cm 90% (we always knew he had a big head!)
Weight: 15 lbs 11 oz 10 %
(He has been sick for the last month and a half and lost weight from his appointment last week
:( The dr didn't seem too worried and just told me to watch how much he was eating.)

Maddix turned 6 months last week!
I can't believe it. He has been in our life for 1/2 a year.
It seems like only yesterday that I had him.
Maddix is starting to do so much and is wanting to be more active.
He started sitting up by himself, He still gets kinda off balance but can sit for a few minutes.
He's eating cereal, vegetables and fruits. Started liking the veggies but not so sure about the fruits yet.
Rolls over all the time (from his stomach...still hasn't figured our the back to front)

Maddix Loves:
His Silky! I know I've said it before but he really does love it, he can't get enough of it.
Playing with toys, his favorite are his keys. He gets so excited whenever they are in sight! Trying to grab at whatever mom or dad are eating. He is obsessed with "our" food! He Loves to drink out of my water bottle. I tried to give him a sippy with his own water but he is not interested.
To go on walks. I may be crazy but I think he totally loves being outside, we try to go on walks whenever it is warm enough. He loves being in his stroller.
Loves to be tickled and play peek-a-boo with mommy and daddy.
Our cell phones. He just smiles whenever he hears someone on the phone talking to me.
The sound of the kitchen sink. I have put him in there several times to just play with the running water, he is in heaven!
Baby Einstein and his jumperoo
The bath

Maddix Hates:
To sleep! It is so hard to get him to sleep. We have been trying to let him cry it out this week and it has been miserable for all 3 of us! I don't know what to do! (Any tips would be appreciated!!)
To be left alone, my mom calls him my Siamese twin cause he is constantly attached to my hip!
Having anything on his face.
Getting dressed, I can only imagine how it will be when he can run away from me!


He has found his tongue again...there are days when he won't put it back in his mouth for hours! He just sits there with it out!

He Loves his daddy


15 comments:

Judy said...

what a fun post. stuff you need to write down. He is so cute and I love the sink picture!!!!!

Michele said...

what a cutie. sounds like the sleeping/eating/sickness problems are going around. i am dying to see this little guy again, but we have been sick too. we go to california next week, but by the time we get back hopefully maddix and boston are both healthy and we can get together.

Karen said...

I love the six month stage. They get so excited about things and it's fun seeing all that they can do. I'm so glad we got to see you guys! And especially maddix. He seems like such a happy little guy and is so smiley! Hope you guys are doing well.

Alli Blue said...

SIX MONTHS! Wow! He is a cutie! You are so lucky to have a healthy, adorable, strong little boy! Love you guys!

Ps.....The 1st time I rode a bike after I had the girls I thought I was going to DIE! I guess having twins ride your pelvis for 8 months really does a number on ya! I told Jason to go and get me a "granny seat" asap!

Jones Family said...

What a cutie pie! I love that having a blog is like a journal and scrap book. How handy! When it comes to his sleeping, I am not sure. Kingston didn't sleep through the night until he was 12 months! We finally let him cry it out one night while we turned the tv up in our room and plugged our ears. After a good half hour, he slept the whole night and ever since then, he has slept through the night. We didn't try it at 6 months though so I am not sure what you should do....

Allison said...

Yes, my life now revolves around my baby too and all my posts are about her! Maddix is so adorable, I love seeing pictures of him! He looks so cute sitting in the sink :)

Staci shWilliams said...

I can't believe Maddix is 6 months! That is so fun, he's such a cute little guy. I absolutely love the picture with his tongue out! That was so funny when he was doing that! We love you Maddix, and you're the best ladies man around!

Mel said...

omigosh he is so cute! sleep is hard. i don't know that there is one single thing that will work for everyone. hang in there!
can't wait to hang out soon....

Monica Mary said...

oh my he is so Eric in that first one. What a cutie. 6 months is such a fun age! Enjoy.

Eric and Megan said...

Oh my gosh I love him! He is getting so big and cuter everytime I see him. Hopefully he'll start sleeping through the night soon and you will feel like a new woman! You manage to get such great pictures. So cute!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

What a good idea to put him in the sink. I never thought of that. Cali loves looking at the water coming from the bathtub faucet, so maybe it will be the same with the sink faucet?!? I'll try it out and tell you how it works!

The Woff Pack said...

I love your pictures. What a cute baby. You are such a good mom to enjoy each and everything. It doesn't last forever.

Leah said...

Wow, half a year is definitely a milestone! I LOVE that first picture of him.. he's gonna be a heartbreaker for sure! I think its so cute how he loves the running sink water. Avery was also attatched to my hip when she was a baby.. JD used to call her my baby kangaroo. And about the whole sleeping thing... the best advice I can give you is to just be consistent. Don't give up or give in. I promise it will get better!

Looks like you are soaking up each new stage... he is only going to keep getting more and more fun!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Isn't it crazy how fast time goes after they are born? He is too cute Nat...Noah probably ony weighs a few pounds less and he will be 6 weeks this weekend haha. PS. Where did you get that adoreable beanie? I love it!

Shawna said...

how funny about his tongue...what a cutie!