Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ten Months

Last week Maddix turned 10 months!
I can't believe how quickly time is flying by.

We spent most of June indoors because of the stinkin rain. It was a very long couple of weeks! We are so glad that the sunshine is back!

We went up to Idaho Falls for a week to spend the 4th of July there. You learned some pretty cool tricks from your cousins. They let you borrow a walker and this is now your favorite place to be! You eat snacks in it, walk all over outside with it, and can get pretty much everywhere on the main floor!

Milestones this month:

You are so mobile! You love to crawl everywhere. You also think it is pretty cool that you can move from one piece of furniture or toy to another.
Stand up by yourself, you did this for a couple days and now have decided you are over that trick.
Babble all the time. It sometimes seems like you are having your very own conversation.
You were also left with your first "babysitter." We have left with family and close friends but no one that we ever had to pay. We went and played Tennis with some friends and had a great time (But mommy missed you!)

This week we have spent a couple days at the Lindon City pool, we love it!
You are really starting to like the pool!
I love how you can see Eric outside in this picture, Maddix would not sit down the whole bath!

Maddix Loves:

Throwing the ball with dad.
Playing basketball with dad
Your Binky and silky.
You love apple juice! I can't get you to drink water out of a sippy, just Juice!
Love food! You are still such a great eater.
To play with mommy. You are mommy's best friend and her constant companion!
When daddy comes home! You love to play with him and especially love it when he gets you out of bed in the morning.
The book: Where the wild things are. We have to read after you wake up, after every nap and before you go to bed!
You also love your touch and feel alphabet book. Your favorite are the pigs, mommy oinks like a pig and you fake cough!
Being outside!
You tube videos of: Blackbeard Pirate song, I am a gummy bear, and Choco Choco Gummy bear, actually most kid You tube videos you love!

Maddix hates:

Sleeping! Most of the time you actually sleep pretty well but there are still those nights where mom and dad want to pull our hair out!
Doing one thing for too long! You have to have a constant change of scenery!
Getting dressed, getting out of the bath, having your face and nose cleaned.

We love you Maddix!

14 comments:

Alli Blue said...

I hope when Maddix is 10 that his binky and silky are not on the top of his favorites any more!

I love these posts! My fav is him and his squishy booty looking at Daddy out the window!!!!

Rach Williams said...

Aggghhh, I LOOOOVE baby butts. When I get to bathe off the newborns at the hospital nursery I laugh the entire time I scrub off their little butts. Mattix is getting so big. I can only imagine that he has even more personality than the last time I saw him. You're so sweet Nat. We'll see you soon!

sdralphs said...

Cute pictures Natalie. I loved the one of hie looking at Eric out the windown. Eric's face is funny. Looks like you guys are enjoying summer!

Oma said...

Love the pics and keeping up with Maddix! Wish we were closer....

Josh and Jillian said...

He is so adorable. I love the naked picture. Emmett has that same floatie for the pool! We still have to hold up a little though. How did he do with the sitter? We have left Emmett a few times, but it is still hard. I worry the whole time. haha

Camile said...

I can't get over how much he looks like you and your husband both. He is such a cutie!!!

That is so great that you are keeping track of his milestones and likes/dislikes on your blog. Carly and Ellie LOVE it when we tell them about when they were babies and "little kids" (since they aren't "little" any more) ha ha! I'm sure Maddix will love to read this with you when he's a big boy.

Orange Juice said...

Nat, He is so cute. Olivia went through a stage where she hated all the same things as Maddix...um she hasnt gotten over it. Good luck! I think she has slept through the night a total of 10 times since birth. hahaha. All we can do now is laugh right? We had so much fun at lake powell! I have such good memories of that trip with you! We will have to go again together with our families or something.

casey.chelsea.cali said...

I love the picture of his cute chubby legs!! Good thing your in Utah and can actually enjoy being outside. I think I've had enough of Dallas for one summer! I wish we were back already. Not too much longer though!!

ALso...when you feed Maddix pasta, do you boil them extra long so that they are easier to chew? I'm scared to give any to Cali thinking she'll choke.

Jason & Nicole said...

Wow what a cute little man! I love looking at all your updates he just gets cuter and cuter!

Leah said...

I LOVE that pic of him in the sink looking out the window! Can you believe 10 months?! It's crazy, he looks more like you the older he gets I think. So stinkin' cute! Yes, I went through Utah and I feel HORRIBLE for not even calling you. Chelle said you lived like 5 min. away from them. It was just such a quick stop, so sorry! But I plan on seeing you while I am here. I need to call you so we can set somethin' up! xoxoxo

Judy said...

I love that you can journal all of the milestones. It is priceless. Plus, I love to read them and keep up with you guys!!!! He is looking more like a little boy everyday!

Eric and Megan said...

Love him!

Mark and Lachelle said...

I cannot believe that little guy is already 10 months! Crazy! I love that picture of his bathtime, looking at daddy! So freaking cute! And don't ya just love the Lindon pool? I went there a few weeks ago (although I felt awkward without a kid). But it's a pretty sweet pool!! I'll definately be taking my little guy there next year!

Emily Empey said...

He is seriosuly such a cutie!!