Saturday, October 24, 2009

One Busy Month!

This past month has been super crazy.
At the beginning of the month Eric was in Reno doing some work. We received a call that Eric's Oma(grandma) was diagnosed with Leukemia, her prognosis wasn't good and the Dr's gave her about 2 weeks. Maddix and I jumped on a plane and met Eric in California.
Most of you have heard stories about Eric's grandparents and Oma and Opa. His Oma and Opa are two of the most creative people I know. When Eric and I got married we received this beautiful quilt made by Oma. I absolutely love it. Opa's artwork fills our walls and our basement, we don't have enough wall space right now for all of it :)
We were so blessed that we were able to go there when we did. We spent a full weekend visiting with family and many beloved friends of Oma's.
Oma Emma passed away on Tuesday October 6th, just 1 week after her diagnosis. The funeral was the next week and it was just perfect. Eric's mom gave the Eulogy an it was so incredibly sweet, funny, and everything that Oma would have wanted. She will be greatly missed.

After that weekend Maddix and I flew up to Idaho Falls to spend a planned vacation with my family. Maddix was so lucky and even had his own seat on the plane. He played peek a boo with the guy behind him most of the flight!

We had a great week up in Idaho. Maddix learned to walk! Payton turned 4! Watch little Dhylan be such a funny girl, she loves to dance to "Poker face!" And I was able to pick up Kendahl and Payton both from school almost everyday... I love when I get to spend a whole week up there.
Then we drove back to Utah on Friday only to drop Maddix off at Dustin and Lisa's and fly back to California that night. Leaving Maddix was extremely hard for me. I have only been away from him for a max of about 5 hours, I think, maybe less. I knew he would be in great hands and wasn't worried about him at all, I was worried how I would survive not seeing him for a 2 days :)

3 comments:

Alli Blue said...

What a sassy girl! That quilt is beyond amazing! So sorry for your loss!

Camile said...

I'm sad to hear about Eric's grandma - but glad that you were able to make it out there to see her.

Nicole's girls are so cute! Tell her hi for me.

Leah said...

I'm so sorry Natalie. I can't believe it all happened in a week. So glad you got a chance to go out there and see her.

Love those pics of Maddix... getting so big! I better see you this holiday season ;)