Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Twenty Eight!


Happy Birthday Mama!

Happy Birthday Natalie!

28 reasons why you are the best!

1. You are beautiful. From the first time I saw you and more as time goes by, you are the most beautiful woman on this planet.

2. You are a great wife.

3. You are a phenomenal mother. When I get Maddix up in the morning I can usually get about 30 seconds of love from him before he starts saying, "Mama, Mama, Mama."

4. You’ve got a Franklin-Covey planner built in to your brain. You can overhear me say something on the phone to someone, and days later remind me, “You’re supposed to call that guy at 10, remember?”

5. You were perfectly punctual until November 11, 2004; you were always on time for everything. What happened to you?

6. You are calm. You deal with situations calmly and can handle whatever is thrown at you even when things start piling up.

7. You are capable. You have a lot on your plate. Dealing with church, family, managing our finances, maintaining our house and Maddix and myself pulling you in different directions, you get things done.

8. You are patient.

9. You never complain.

10. You are always to gracious to people.

11. Funniest person Maddix ever met. You two are a match made in Heaven. You’ve been busting him up since he was 3 months old.

12. You put up with my obsessions. The picky eating, the animal shows, always wanting to move when you’d rather relax.

13. You are naturally a good person. I love that you find a way to make it to church even when sick or out of town, remind me to pray and turn off shows and music that are bad.

14. You love the beach. You could sit by a pool or beach for the rest of your life. (In fact, you love them so much you might want to move to Texas, California or Hawaii)

15. You love mashed potatoes. Obviously you’re from Idaho, the way you slam a spud.

16. You love sports! Not many women remind their husbands that the game is on. Our first trip to San Diego was one of my favorite trips I’ll ever go on.

17. You love to work on the house. I love the yard; you love the house. It works out great.

18. You have a chemical dependence on Grey’s Anatomy. If they cancel that show, I’m afraid we’re gonna lose you.

19. When you like a movie, WHOA NELLY! You either watch it 50 times or devote three months of your life throwing a monster ball for Edward and the Wolf-boy.

20. You have good taste. Thank Heaven you dress well and, other than that dead twig arrangement; the house always looks great.

21. You’re not afraid of working hard or getting dirty. When we’re helping someone move, you carry bigger loads than I do.

22. You go to bed earlier than anyone I know.

23. You use coupons at the grocery store! Ha-Ha. Coupons! You’re so frugal.

24. You have a protective son. You can’t even high five another little boy or girl with out Maddix running over and claiming his Mommy.

25. You can listen to Handy Manny, Thomas the Train and Diego for 10 hours a day and not lose your mind. “Diego! Stop screaming at the top of your lungs all day!”

26. You hike with me. Getting away from everything with you and Maddix is the best.

27. Time spent with you and Maddix on the floors of our house and at apartments and hotels across the country will always be one of the best times of my life.

28. You married me, which makes me the luckiest person alive.

Thank you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Love, Eric and Maddix

15 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! I am so surprised you actually posted something! Thanks love! You are truly the best! Can't wait to spend some time with you and Maddix today!
Love you

Jason and Amy said...

so cute! good work eric, happy birthday nat! come home already!!!!!! best part is the "way you slam a spud" HILARIOUS!!!

Josh and Jillian said...

That was the sweetest thing Eric! I love you too Natalie. Happy birthday.

Brady and Lauren said...

That is so cute! Happy Birthday Natalie, and I hope you are having a great day!

Alli Blue said...

That ws so true. I recognized all of those attributes! I remember when we stayed with you and I told you I loved the twigs. The first thing you said was the Eric hates them.........:)

Shawna said...

what a cute post! some of those were halarious! Happy Birthday!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Awesome post Eric! Happy bday Nats! I laughed at the mashed potato one...cuz it's totally true! Love ya Natty!

Staci shWilliams said...

So sweet! We all knew Eric had it in him...so glad we got to experience some of it with you :) I hope you had a great birthday Nat, Im so glad i got to spend it with you and Maddix! You're leaving way too soon...but Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Michele said...

i agree eric. you scored. so many things i could say. i feel like i knew a lot of these things about you, but what happened on nov 11, 2004. wasn't that the day before your wedding? natalie is still the most punctual person i know! love you nat. hope your day was great!

Rach Williams said...

How hard did you twist his arm to post the CUTEST post in the whole world. OH MY GOSH, that was so sweet. I wasn't gonna read it because I almost felt like I was intruding, but it was so sweet I couldn't stop. I only wish that Jord would do cute things like this. Way to be adorable, Mr. Mealey!!!

Scott and Chelsey said...

what a cute freaking post! scott wouldn't even know how to get on to blogger! nat you are amazing and happy birthday!!!

lvohs@hotmail.com & dvohs4@gmail.com said...

That was so muman, I loved it! One of these years I will get to spend a birthday with u...I hope you enjoyed your molten and your day. Miss you and cohen does to! As soon as he saw you car he said aunt nat! He was sad u weren't driving.

kimberlee shaffer said...

that was amazing!!! You are one loved girl Natalie. Maybe one of these days we can see each other again. Happy Birthday!!

Leah said...

What happened Nov.11 2004 was that she married Eric, who I hear is very punctual!! ;) What a sweet post Eric... I was laughing through all of it! It's true Nat, you have the biggest heart of anyone I know. Hope you had a great day, I love you!! Happy 28th!

Shenna (Eric's Mom) said...

What happened on Nov 11 IS that Nat married Eric....and Eric is NOT punctual. Like his Dad, he's always trying to get 'one more thing done' before leaving. I was so glad when he finally could drive and I could get to church on time! Nat has a full-time job taking care of Eric - our family is so blessed to have Nat as a part of it!