Monday, October 6, 2008

Maddix is One Month Old!

A moment ago, your heart beat under mine.
Now, I can touch your chest and feel your actual heartbeat.
A moment ago, your feet were lodged beneath my ribs.
Now, your feet are nestled in my hands as I count each precious toe.
A moment ago, I couldn't imagine what you would look like...what you'd feel like.
Now, I can hold you in my arms, take in your sweet face and touch your petal soft skin.
A moment ago, I could no longer stand the pain.
Now, I stand in awe of our awesome and gracious God.
I can't believe that Maddix is a month old...tomorrow! This past month has flown by so fast.
We have had a busy month with lots of visitors...maybe that's how Maddix got his cold :)
We are going on our first road trip to Idaho this week to visit family for Payton's 3rd birthday and Dhylan's baby blessing.

We both feel so lucky to be parents and are loving every minute of it!
I just don't want Maddix to get any bigger, I love this stage of life!
I love being a mom and it is more wonderful than I ever expected it could be.
I think I still have some pregnancy hormones raging, cause every time I look at him and realize that he is my baby I start to cry!
WE LOVE YOU MADDIX!

A few things about Maddix:

Loves-
Being held, sleeping on Mommy's chest, eating, Daddy's voice, being held some more,
and even more sleep.


Hates-
Having his diaper changed, getting out of the bath, having his clothes changed, sleeping anywhere but right next to mom, having to wait one second longer than he'd like to eat.

18 comments:

Camile said...

Wow! That was one fast month!!! I'm so glad that you are enjoying motherhood so much - it keeps getting better...and worse sometimes :) (depending on the stage they're going through) - but mostly just better!

Don't you just love to have your baby cuddle up on your chest? I can't wait!!!

Jason and Amy said...

No way he is a month. I better hold him like 5 million more times before he gets too big. p.s. your the best mom ever

Rori Lee said...

these pictures are so great Nat, everyone looks amazing, healthy and happy. By the way, that feeling every time you look at him never goes away, I still cry sometimes when I check on the kids while they are sleeping. I love all of this next generation, it's awesome.

Dan and Kan said...

it was really good to see you guys at Robert's!! Maddix is SO cute!! i'm so excited to have a little boy as well! we will definately let you know when we have him!!

Josh and Jillian said...

Maddix is so adorable! I love the black and white photos of you guys together. I can't believe he is a month old already.

Lynnette said...

He is so Cute! Ya'll make such a cute family!

Anonymous said...

Sorry he got a cold. Poor thing. He is so cute. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Michele said...

he is too cute and you are such a sweet mother. and the emotional roller coaster of mommyhood lasts a long time, i still cry at everything. im so glad you are enjoying every minute and i think it is so cute that he loves to sleep by you. what a mamas boy. and thanks so much for the comment on my blog, it helped a lot. i had not planned to say much about extended family til you said that. i hope he feels better soon and you have a fun safe trip to idaho. lets get together again soon, before he gets too big!

Lynnette said...

Where did you find those cute hats?

Alli Blue said...

Oh man, the time flies! Enjoy every breath!

kimberlee shaffer said...

you are such a wonderful mother! Your posts make me so happy! He is such an adorable baby. I hope we can meet him soon. I cannot believe he is already a month old!!!!

Judy said...

natalie, congrats on your little guy. the pictures are so cute. I got my hair done today and got all the scoop from your mom. so exciting! Judy Pasley

Allison said...

He is so cute!! Nat you look so good! I can't wait to join you in becoming a mommy!

Leah said...

HE is so adorable! Yeah I am heading over to your sis. house right now so I can meet him!! You guys look like such a happy little family now! :)

colin and brooke thompson said...

We just got our internet hooked up! I missed so much! So happy for the Mealey family! What an adorable little boy! Will you be out for the holidays?

Mark and Lachelle said...

Little Maddix is so cute! I'm so glad I was able to see you and baby Maddix while I was in Idaho! You look great!

Jennifer and Brad said...

How fun.. I am so jealous. We were both not ready to go home and get back into the real world :)

Orange Juice said...

Nat,

What a beautiful post. I also just love the pictures in the last post. They are beautiful. I too would just cry whenever I saw Olivia. I would look at her and turn to Chad and cry and say, " She is so beautiful." It is crazy!! But so wonderful to feel so much love for a little tiny human being. I can't wait to get together. In fact. If you are feeling up to it. Come to Olivia's birthday party on Nov. 1. I will send you more details later.
Take care,

Alexis