Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Five Months

5 months has flown by!
Emery is developing such a fun little personality.
She is so smiley. She can't help it. Whenever someone even glances her way she gets all squirmy and can't help but smile or laugh.

She is finally liking her car seat. It makes it so much easier to go places now that she doesn't scream the whole time. She loves to play with toys while she is in there and can even look out and see Maddix.

We started sleep training her about a week and a half ago. It was pretty hard for me to allow this to happen, I was crying before I even laid her down to sleep. Eric was AMAZING and stayed out in the living room on the couch in a sleeping bag the first 4 nights. Emery has done pretty well. She usually goes about 8 hours and then I feed her and then she goes back to sleep. We still have a few nights where that is not the case, but compared to Maddix she is doing phenomenal! I just hope that she figures it out and starts sleeping completely through the night soon!

Emery also had her first taste of rice cereal a couple days ago. She is still pretty unsure about it but tries really hard to swallow it. It will be so nice when she starts eating cereal, vegetables and fruits! I love feeding babies food!

She is such a busy body. She has been rolling over for about a month and a half but just this last week she really figured it out and can't keep her still. She is constantly rolling from her back to stomach and stomach to back, over and over.

Emery Loves:
To have anything and everything in her mouth! Toes, toys, fingers, binky, everything!
To follow Maddix, Daddy and Mommy around. She can't keep her eyes off of Maddix and Eric.
To sit in her bumbo and bouncer and is learning how to use the walker. She can push it backwards and moves around the house.
Her silky and binky. I love that she loves those. When she gets tired all I have to do is put the silky up to her face and it usually calms her down.
To be tickled. She loves to laugh and it is so easy to get her going.
To be sung to. She loves patty cake and Itsy Bitsy Spider.


Emery Hates:
Getting dressed. Seriously still screams whenever something goes over her head.
Being left alone. I can't really leave the room without her noticing and then getting really upset. She has to be pretty distracted to not notice that I'm gone.
When she is tired and I try to make her stay up, even for 5 minutes. When she is tired, she rubs her eyes like crazy and usually doesn't stop until she is swaddled and can't reach them anymore.

Her 1st taste of Rice Cereal,
I think she thought we were poisoning her!
Day 3, still not so sure.
Can't keep much of it in her mouth.
Next is for comparison...
1st is Emery, then Maddix.
People are constantly saying they look exactly alike.
Here they are at the exact same age.
What do you think?

Playing outside in her walker, we love that is has been so nice!

Hanging with her big brother!
We Love you Emery!

12 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

She is so cute!!! I love the picture of her with rice cereal everywhere! And I agree, I think they look A LOT a like!

Emily Empey said...

Wow 5 months? She is so cute!

Oma said...

What a LOVELY MESS with the rice cereal! I think that in some ways Maddix and Emery look a lot alike - but in other ways, they're very different. They're Both Adorable!!

Alli Blue said...

They look alot alike:) they are both adorable!!!

kimberlee shaffer said...

She is such a little sweetheart I can tell. What a big beautiful smile!

Leah said...

She is a DOLL!! Seriously such an adorable little thing. Can't believe 5 months already. Good luck with sleep training. It'll be so worth it!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

I need to get one of those walkers! Although I am looking outside right now and looks like we wont be going outside again for a bit:( She is adorable by the way! Such a cute little smile. I had the biggest grin on my face when I scrolled down to see her attempt at putting down the rice cereal. Funny! And I am so impressed that you went through with the whole sleep training thing. WAY TO GO!!!!! That's awesome she is doing so good!

Rach Williams said...

I have to admit that the picture of cereal ALL down the front of her made me laugh. I hope that formula introductions went well last night. I was thinking of you while I put Ash to bed. I can't believe how big Emery is getting. Where does the time go!? She's so old and darling!!

Oma said...

LOVE the first pic of Emery (the others also) with that wonderful Big Smile!! Keep coming back to see it again and again. Can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks!

Mel said...

i LOVE this post! i think they for sure look like siblings, but to me they have their own look too. miss you guys!

Stephanie Gardner said...

Oh I think they look a like but she definitely is so girly. I just love it. Gotta love the bumbo.

Mark and Lachelle said...

I can't believe little Emery is already 5 months! Crazy! She is so cute! And yes, she looks just like Maddix!