Tuesday, July 13, 2010

3 crazy days of the 4th of July

This was the first year I have ever been in Utah for the 4th.
We had a great weekend filled with so much stuff!

We started it off on Saturday with a trip to the Lindon pool, we had such a great time. Eric took Maddix down the big slide and he absolutely loved it.

Later that day everyone came over for a BBQ and then it was off to the stadium. Eric and I had to make a stop on the way down there and when we were on our way from there Eric's dad called and said that it might not be worth it for us to drive all the way down there and fight the crowds...it took them over an hour to get to the spot where we were sitting. Eric and I decided that it was probably best to just get Maddix to bed at a decent time so we missed the big show. I was so sad to not see fireworks...

Sunday we had a nice day at church and then had all the fam over for Eric's Salmon, which everyone loves!
Then we lit off some fireworks of our own and all the boys loved them!

Monday was the parade and I was so excited to take Maddix to that. He loves big trucks, loud noises and people! He LOVED IT! He was so excited the whole time.
He seriously made this face almost the whole time!


Maddix and Jaden...Maddix thinks he is hilarious!
All in all it was a great weekend and we are so glad that we were able to spend it with the Allebes/Mealey Family!
Thanks everyone for coming and making it such a great weekend!

7 comments:

Alli Blue said...

That is the cutest "ILOVEPARADES" face ever!

Oma said...

WE LOVED being there! Thanks for being such a gracious and patient hostess!

Jennifer and Brad said...

Seriously Maddix's facial expressions are to die for!! When he smiles his whole face just lights up and i love it.
My missed the fireworks too I fell asleep about 7 pm. Lol I've never been to sleep that early ever till bring pregnant.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss being out west where the 4th is drawn out :) Maddix is such a cutie!

Chelsea said...

Love the pics of him at the parade! Such a cutie. We didn't watch the fireworks either :( Maybe on the 24th!

Leah said...

It is possible to have a good 4th of July w/o going to IF town!! Looks like you all had tons of fun!

Mark and Lachelle said...

What a little stud that Maddix is!! I love how blonde his hair has gotten! I'm glad you had a great 4th, despite not being in IF :)
By the way, LOVE that black ruffle swimsuit. I almost bought the same one, but they didn't have my size. Dang!