Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2 months

2 Months Old
Did I seriously just type that?
I can't believe Emery is 2 months already, time is flying by!

We had her 2 month check up today and she is doing so well
11 lbs 3 oz 75%
22 3/4 inches 75%
Head Circ. 40 cm 75%

She also got 3 shots today...I always have to Eric come at least to this first appointment cause it almost makes me more upset than it does the baby. She cried so hard and took it like a champ!

Emery has been such a fun and often times challenging baby!
She is very high maintenance, she is seldom content just hanging out.
We spend a lot of our time, bouncing, rocking, swaying, swinging, and trying to figure out what new thing we can do that will soothe her.

At the same time she has many days where she is as happy as can be! She loves to smile and coo.
It is amazing to me how much she already loves Maddix. If he is in the room and is actually paying attention to her, she smiles, coos, and follows him around (with her head) everywhere!

She sleeps ok most of the time. She seldom sleeps with me (breaks my heart a little) andusually sleeps pretty good in her own bed.
She loves, loves to eat! She actually takes bottles which is a great thing!

She really is such a sweet baby and we love her more and more each day.




Emery Loves:
Her binky! She can such on that thing so hard it leaves an indent on her face
Her bouncy chair, loves that it vibrates and loves that it gives mommy's legs a workout!
To eat and sleep! She still pretty much does this all day long.
Maddix, call me crazy but I'm sure they were best buds before coming to our family.
To look at the TV or lights
To smile and coo. She is so easily entertained
Her bath, she can spend forever in there and is always so happy.

Emery Hates:
To be put down. I hope that this goes away and that she ends up liking to be on her own a little more
When she isn't done eating or when she needs to take a break, she loses her mind until she is eating again!
To have her nose wiped, she had cold and having her nose wiped was the worst.
To get shots, made apparent by today's dr visit

We Love you sweet Emery and are so glad you are ours!

9 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Oh my gosh emery has gotten so big and even more adorable since I last saw her. She is perfect

Staci shWilliams said...

I can't believe she's 2 months old either!! That is such a cute picture of her!! And such cute pics of Madd in the post below :)

Rach Williams said...

That picture of Emery is so cute. Love the onesie, too! I can't wait to have little girls because you always have Em dressed so sweet and I think it looks so fun. Oh Maddix, I wear my hardhat and boots all the time. We should play dress-up sometime together. Hope you are feeling better with every day, Nat. We adore the Mealey family!

Jones Family said...

She is a cutie pie!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

So I wonder if girls are more high maintenance than boys, because Cali was and still is and Ava definitely has her days! Oh the drama of having girls:)

Alli Blue said...

It's such a bummer those 1st months go so fast! She is beautiful! I am glad she and Maddix are so close! That will be a neat thing to watch! Love ya!

Josh and Jillian said...

Emery is such a doll! I am glad to know that my child is not the only one that wants to watch the same movie 3 times a day. haha. His movie is Kung Fu Panda though. I am sorry to hear about your kidney stones! That is aweful. I hope you are feeling better!!

Shawna said...

I can't believe how busy you have been lately. Your kids really are adorable! Little Emery is just so sweet and small-- I just love that age.

Leah said...

She is beautiful and changing so much! I used to think she looked a lot like Maddix but not so much anymore. Can't believe it's already been 2 month! Glad you are loving every minute of it :)