Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Worse than Labor?

So after a fabulous night spent with Eric for our anniversary our night turned from great to terrible!

My side had been aching for a couple days but nothing too bad. After we picked up Maddix and Emery from my moms we came home and I went straight to bed. I felt like the pain in my side was getting worse and at this point was making me a little nauseated.

After sleeping for about 45 minutes I woke up and ran straight to the bathroom, where I spent the next 2 hours throwing up. I reluctantly woke up Eric and told him what was going on. After much persuasion from him we headed to the ER to see what was going on.

I continued to throw up and they gave me some pain meds, the first dose didn't do much but after the second stronger dose I fell right to sleep. They came and woke me up and took me in to do a CT of my abdomen.
After being in the ER for about 5 hours they found that I had a ton of kidney stones. Normal kidney stones measure 2-3mm, I had a couple that were that size, 2 that were 5mm and then one that was 9mm! The one that was 9 had started to move from my kidney down the urethra and that is what was causing so much pain!

They sent me home with some pain meds and told me to see a urologist on Monday.
On Monday the urologist scheduled me for surgery on Wednesday to break up the stones and push the 9mm one back up into my kidney so I could pass it.

Needless to say the last week and a half has been miserable! I will honestly say that compared to labor it was not as bad but the fact that it lasted 9 days rather than a couple hours was excruciating!
I never want Kidney stones again!!

5 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Oh my word! I hope you are feeling better, I have heard that passing Kidney stones is HORRIBLE! You are a trooper!!

PS. Little Emery is SO cute! Seeing her makes me so excited to have a little girl!

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving :)

Mark and Lachelle said...

Natty! That's awful! I'm so sorry! I've heard kidney stones are not fun! Poor girl! Hopefully you have passed them all! Let me know if I can do anything for ya! Love ya!

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

Im so sorry... but I have to say the surgery and stent have to be the worst in my opinion. Well Im way glad your feeling better though.

Shawna said...

oh my goodness! that is so awful! I feel so bad that you had to go through that! And right after just having a baby! that is just not right! Hope you are doing better and that you never get them again!

Leah said...

That's horrible!! I am so sorry you had to go through that. What causes kidney stones anyways?? I can't believe you had to pass a 9mm one. Girl I am in pain just reading that! I hope you NEVER EVER get them again. So sorry :(