Saturday, July 23, 2011

10 months


This last month flew by! I feel like our routine consists of a nap, playing outside, another nap, more time outside and then bed! With a little bit of eating and crying in between!

Milestones this month:

Emery can go down the stairs! She loves it! For the most part I can leave her unattended and she goes up and down all by herself.
She has 2 more teeth on the bottom, they are just barely breaking through but you can see them.
She eats no more baby food! She usually eats 1 bite and then spits the rest out. She loves big people food.

She can stand by herself. It still makes her a little nervous, but if she isn’t really paying attention she will let go of the furniture and just stand there.
Loves her standing/push walker! She pushes it all around the house.
Can drink out of a straw, most times.
No more swaddle. She was still being swaddled during naps a

nd then just her legs at night but she always gets out of it after about an hour. She is doing pretty well; her naps seem to have been affected a little but not too bad.
No more rocking her to sleep at night and for naps. After her bottle she is so crazy I just lay her down, it is almost like she is telling me to put her down. She is doing so well!
Emery is loving being more mobile. She loves to play outside and thinks she can keep up with the big kids. She chases and tries to run them over in her walker all day!

She has had kind of a rough month. Over the fourth of July she got really sick and it lasted about a week. She got Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease (I know, sogross!) and had sores all over her throat. The doctor said it was extremely painful and even gave her codeine for the pain. During that time she was also getting some teeth. We are finally just now getting better at sleeping through the night again.

Some of her favorite foods: Chicken, corn, beans, grapes, strawberries, pasta, yogurt, and carrots.

Emery Loves:

Binky and silky. I love that these are 2 staples in her life! I know when she is tired because she finds her silky and lays down on it.
Maddix. He is seriously her best bud. She loves to follow him around and play with everything he has. She loves him!
Mommy and daddy. She has been really attached to me this month, I think mainly because she was sick. I seriously can’t be out of site for 1 minute.
Bath time. I turn the water on upstairs and she comes climbing up those stairs so fast and goes straight into the bathroom.
Loves eating! She can’t get enough of people food.
Her standing push walker. Walks around everywhere!
Her baby! It was all of a sudden she found her baby and now she loves it! Gives her kisses and carries her around everywhere.
Music and me singing. I do not have a good voice and Maddix is not afraid to tell me to stop singing but Emery still loves it! She loves pat-a-cake and popcorn.

Emery Hates:

Being left alone. She is now such a fast crawler that she can keep up with me pretty good.
Having her face wiped.

Taking Medicine.

Having her toes painted! Seriously looks like a 2 year old painted her toes because she jerks around so much!

We were able to go to our Cousin Beckham's baby blessing and we also were treated to a visit from Oma, Grandpa and Opa!
Having a picnic outside
Listening to me tell a story to Maddix
Loving on her baby
Her 1st pony tail...yes I know it's barely there but so cute!
Loves splashing in the pool
Peek a Boo!

I Love this little girl!
Emery was cracking up and all I was doing was smiling at her! So funny!

8 comments:

Judy said...

She is adorable. I can't believe how time flies. We need to meet for lunch sometime :}

Natalie said...

Hi Judy! How are things going in utah? Let's for sure do lunch! Let me know what works for you!

Josh and Jillian said...

Such cute kids Natalie! Glad Emery is doing better, poor thing. Glad you had a blast on your birthday!

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

I love this girl she is to cute.

Leah said...

Hand mouth and foot sounds terrible. That's so sad. Glad she is better. She is getting so big! Love the ponytail!

Chelsea said...

I love this stage. She is a doll. Sounds like a fun way to spend each day.

Oma said...

LOVE her giggle!

Rach Williams said...

She's 10 months?? What?! She's so cute. " Naps, outside, then crying in between" was the best quote of this post. hahaha! Miss you guys!